Lay Missioners - Information and Application
"If you hear a gentle, persistent call, deep in your heart, it may be the voice of the Lord inviting you to participate in the greatest enterprise of all time."
Scarboro Missions Lay Program Preliminary Form
Completing this form will provide us with some initial information on your motivation, background and experience. This will help us to know you better before beginning the formal application process. We look forward to hearing from you!
If you do not have email, please phone the Lay Mission Office at 416-261-7135, ext. 265 or write to the
Lay Mission Office
2685 Kingston Road
Scarborough, ON M1M 1M4
- A preliminary interview may be requested.
- An application form will be forwarded on request. The Admissions Team will review your application and decide whether to proceed to the next step.
- Reference forms are then sent out to each of the three names offered by the applicant. An autobiography with guidelines will be requested and medical and dental forms are sent for the applicant to take to his/her doctor and dentist. On receipt of the autobiography, references and medical and dental forms, the Admissions Team meets once again to decide whether to proceed to the next step.
- Interviews are arranged with three members of the Admissions Team at Scarboro Missions. For those coming from outside the Toronto area or who may need to stay overnight, accommodations are offered at Scarboro Missions at no cost. The Admission’s team meets to discuss the interviews and decide whether to proceed to the next step.
- The final step, Psychological testing, financed by Scarboro occurs over three days in a "live-in" arrangement at Southdown. The Lay Coordinator and a member of the Admission’s Team meet with the psychologist and the applicant on the fourth day to receive a verbal assessment of the testing. A written report will be mailed to the Lay Mission Office at Scarboro Missions and the applicant at a later date.
The Admission’s Team meets once again and gives their recommendation on whether to accept the applicant to the formation program or not. The General Council is consulted before accepting a new applicant to the formation program.
Notification of the decision is given via a letter from the Lay Mission Office to the applicant.
Will you respond whole heartedly to the call of the Spirit and the Church?
Perhaps you can! If you think it may be as a Scarboro Missioner, answer Christ's call and contact us. We welcome those who feel called as lay missioners and priests. We invite you to walk with us...it may change your life!
Apply now or request more information... for priests