- Catholic Social Justice/Teaching Links
- Canadian Inter-Church Social Justice Links
- Interfaith Justice Links
- Other Justice Links
- Ecology Links
SCARBORO MISSIONS MAGAZINE ARTICLES
- Social Teaching of the Church
- Social Justice Work
- Ecumenical Social Justice Work
- Economic Justice
- Global Feminism
- Creation Spirituality/Ecological Crisis
Scarboro Missions is in the process of posting all of the articles listed here. Please check back occasionally to see the updated articles.
Catholic Social Justice/Teaching Links
- Catholic Charities of St. Paul and Minneapolis has an excellent easy-to-use web-site of Catholic Social Teaching Documents, notable quotations, key themes and other resources.
- Development and Peace: International development organization of the Canadian Catholic Church. Read the Global Village Voice online.
- Education for Justice: Excellent Catholic Social Teaching, social justice and prayer resources for teachers, campus ministers and others. Project of the Center of Concern, annual membership fee.
- Faith Doing Justice: Australian Jesuits website with Catholic Social Teaching resources in general and by issue, including prayers, discussion guides, etc.
- Maryknoll Office for Global Concerns: Maryknoll's work for peace, social justice and integrity of creation. Read their NewsNotes online.
- Other links to Catholic social teaching
Canadian Inter-Church Justice Links
Interfaith Justice Links
Social Justice Links and Resources
- Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives: An independent left-of-centre national economic and social analysis think tank—under publications it is possible to read CCPA Monitor articles on line.
- Citizens for Public Justice: A Canadian non-partisan organization which promotes justice in Canadian public affairs—child poverty, federal election and budget, aboriginal rights...
- Third World Network: An independent non-profit international network of organizations involved in development and North/South issues—trade, global finance, environment...
- AfricaFiles: A network of people committed to Africa through promotion of human rights, economic justice, African perspectives and alternative analyses. Great articles and opportunities to take action.
Ecological Justice Links and Resources
- Global Catholic Climate Movement: International coalition of Catholic organizations and individuals building a strong Catholic voice on climate change; many resources.
- Green Church Program: Ecumenical program helps Christian communities in Canada with environmental awareness and practices; resources for greening religious buildings and liturgical resources.
Green Spirit TV video series: Canadian Catholic videos with study guides on cultivating and caring for creation.
- Catholic Climate Covenant: Catholic teachings, news and resources on climate change and creation care; supported by U.S. Catholic bishops.
- David Suzuki Foundation: A science-based and solutions-oriented Canadian environmental organization—climate change.
- Videos of speaker presentations from the Climate Change and Environmental Decline as a Moral Issue Retreat in April 2010
- Pembina Institute: promotes sustainable energy solutions, in depth work on climate change, oil sands, green economics.
Scarboro Missions Magazine Articles
On the Social Teaching of the Church
- Justice in the World—Mar/2013
- Politics and religion—Mar/2013
- VATICAN II…The Church’s vocation (article by Peter Henriot)—Jan/2012
- Highlights of Catholic Social Thought—Jan/2010
- The Message of the Resurrection... An Easter Reflection — Apr/2001
- "Strong Words"-Ten Building Blocks of Catholic Social Teaching — Sept/99
- Synod for America — AprMay/98
- A New Evangelization—Synod Working Paper — AprMay/98
- Synod for America—Canadian Bishops Speak — AprMay/98
- The Justice of the Kingdom of God—Excerpts from Pope John Paul II's Homily in Cuba, January, 25, 1998 — AprMay/98
- The Holy Spirit of Resistance—Catholic Social Vision — AprMay/98
- The Two Feet
- Best of Times, Worst of Times — Feb/97
- Justice Proclaimed — Mar/95
- Centesimus Annus — Feb/92
- Social Teaching of the Church — Feb/92
- Life After the Cold War — Feb/92
- Solicitudo Rei Socialis: A Call to Solidarity — Mar/92
- Rerum Novarum: A Sign of the Church's Enduring Youth — Feb/91
- Education for Justice - Part I — Oct/90
- Education for Justice - Part II — Dec/90
- Taking Sides — Feb/90
On Justice and Peace
- A Spirituality of Social Justice—Jan/2014
- Indigenous Peoples—May/2005
- Expressing Solidarity: Scarboro Missions' commitment to Justice/Peace — Feb/95
- Being There While Being Here — Feb/95
- Building Community in the Global Village — May/94
- Seeking Common Ground for the Common Good — Sept/01
- Thailand: Land of Contrasts — Oct/01
- A project for life (Ecuador) — Apr/01
- Spirituality and Development for the New Millennium — Mar/01
- Greeting to Taniperla — Mar/01
- Mission to Ecuador (Ecuador Issue) — JanFeb/01
- Facing Down the Debt (Guyana) — Apr/00
- The Struggle for Freedom (Ecuador) — Sep/99
- The Measure of an Oppressed People (Dominican Republic) — Sep/99
- A New Vision of Church — Jan/99
- Helping People Help Themselves (Scarboro Missions/CIDA) — Mar/98
- Aquiles (Brazil) — Mar/98
- Development in San Jose de Ocoa, Dominican Republic — Sep/97
- A Hand Up: Helping Children in the Dominican Republic — Mar/97
- In the Opinion of Children — Mar/97
- Interamerican Cooperative Institute: School of Experience (Panama) — Sep/96
On Ecumenical Social Justice Work
- A New Beginning—The Vision and Practice of Jubilee — Apr/01
- The Canadian Ecumenical Jubilee Initiative — Renewal of the Earth (Special Issue) — Sep/00
- We are a Jubilee People! — Dec/99
- Release From Bondage CEJI 1999 — Sep/99
- Jubilee 2000 — Sep/98
- Faith in Action: The Canadian Churches' Ecumenical Coalitions for Social Justice — Feb/95
On Economic Justice
On Global Feminism
- The History & Meaning of the Global Women's Movement (I) — Sep/95
- All Issues Are Women's Issues (II) — Jan/96
- Human Rights Are Women's Rights (III) — Feb/96
- Religious Traditions: Basis for Liberation or Subordination (IV) — Feb/96
On Creation Spirituality/Ecological Crisis
- Living Hope in the Age of Climate Change—Jan/2015
- Creation Care Ministry—Jan/2014
- Canadian Interfaith Call for Leadership and Action on Climate Change—Mar/2012
- The Search for Ecological Justice—Mar/2011
- The Green Rule Poster—April/2006
- Water: Life before profit—Sept/2004
- Renewing the Sacred Balance—April/2004
- The Ecological Crisis—A Challenge to Religions — Sep/94
- Creation Spirituality—A Necessity (I) — Jan/90
- More on Creation Spirituality (II) — Apr/90
- Creation Spirituality (III) — May/90
- Stations of the Cross for the Death of a Forest — Apr/90